Re: Re: [PHP-WEBMASTER] PHP Update & PHP Upgrade

Hi Chaput,

Chaput wrote:
> > In the documentation, I found that the installer of PHP 5.2 and later
> will
> > read the install options and will reinstall PHP with the same options as
> > before.
> >
> > Will the install only read the installed features or it will read the
> > php.ini ?
> >
> > What about PHP 5.1, 5.0, 4 ? Will these installs also read the install
> > options and php.ini and will install the new update version with the
> same
> > options ?
> >

> I have absolutely no idea, try the "Windows PHP users list" mailinglist
> (CCed)
>
> -Hannes

I would recommend backing up your php.ini located in your php folder, because you will probably need to update some settings by hand later on. The Windows Installer will check which extensions are currently loaded and will afterwards add these extension entries to the modified php.ini. Other settings may or may not be migrated, i.e. my error logging settings ("error_log = syslog" and "error_reporting = E_ALL && ~E_NOTICE") were discarded.
So back up, upgrade, restore php.ini.

Regards,

Sascha