Re: vbscript not running in php but running as a vbs file

On Saturday, May 23, 2009, Sascha Meyer wrote:

> Doh!

> Now I found the error:

>> if i add this to a php page with the tags
>> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
>> </SCRIPT>

> these lines will not be rendered by the server, the will directly be
> send to the browser, so the browser will try to execute this part of
> code (and only IE will process vbscript tags).
> If you want the server to process the code, switch to:

>  > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server">
>  > ......
>  > </SCRIPT>

> but to be honest, I don't know if these lines will be parsed if they are
> part of a php script file (which will be handled by php-cgi.exe); if
> they were part of an asp script file, they will likely work.

I suspect that the OP wants the script to run on the client. However,
a long, long time ago Microsoft recognised the security implications
of permitting the calling of objects in client-side scripts and just
about put a stop to it. FWIW, I fell foul of this in 1996/97 when the
parts of a web application I'd written to use Word and Excel
client-side to format data suddenly stopped working.

--
Geoff