Re: [PHP-DEV] Non blocking file i/o support for win32.

Hi Richard

2009/5/8 Richard Quadling <rquadling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi.
>
> Can anyone with windows knowledge take a quick look at
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=47918. I'm pretty sure this IS a bug.
> I'm hoping you don't say it is a documentation bug and it is something
> you can fix.
>
> My requirement is to allow non-blocking file i/o.
>
> With non-win32, it seems that the fcntl() function can accept
> O_NONBLOCK. This does not seem to be present on win32.

fcntl() is not available on Windows aswell as O_NONBLOCK, but after
some small research we could perhaps use the iocsocket() function with
the FIONBIO flag to emulate O_NONBLOCK on Windows.

> The doc for fopen() does not mention 'n' as being available (probably
> for this reason).

The 'n' mode was added in 5.3 RC2 by Mikko, but has not yet been documented.

> Regards,
>
> Richard.
>
> --

Kalle Sommer Nielsen