From: James Crow [mailto:james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 May 2009 13:20
To: Paul Giesberts
Cc: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  printing on IIS7

Paul,

  I had a smiliar problem once where I had changed the amount of memory
from 16M to 256 (note the missing M). Check your memory setting in
php.ini. 262144 seems like 256K. I think that may be the default minimum
amount of memory for a script.

  On my Linux systems there is a different php.ini for command line
versus apache instances. I don't know if Windows does the same thing.

Cheers,
James

Paul Giesberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have migrated a php site from Linux to windows. The only remaining
problem seems to be printing, naturally I have had to change the code
and that's where the problems have started. I have the following very
simple code:

> <?php
>
> $txt = "Hello World";
> $handle = printer_open("DELL3115");
> printer_write($handle, $txt);
> printer_close($handle);
> ?>
>
> When I run this from the command prompt using php -f ..... It works
fine, in other words it prints, when I run this script through the web
browser then I get this:

> Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate
> 4294967295 bytes) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testprn.php on line 4
>
> I have read this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=184291
and many others, which all lead me to believe that it is an account /
permission problem. On a side note:  $handle =
printer_open("non-existing-printer"); gives me a normal error in the
sense of "can't find printer".

> I run Windows 2008 64 bit, IIS7, php 5.2 32 bit ( I have enabled 32
bit apps in IIS and the rest of the site works fine), using FastCGI.