Re: How to access MySQL through PHP in windows 2K.

Jacob Kruger wrote:
> FWIW, while I'm using windows xp pro, I just use the WAMP package to run
> php, mysql and apache on my machine:
> http://www.wampserver.com/en/
>
> All I've done extra is make it run using port 81 so I can also still
> run IIS
> for asp.net stuff.
>
> Stay well
> Jacob Kruger
> Blind Biker
> Skype: BlindZA

"Installation on Windows Systems: (...) Once PHP has been installed,
some configuration is required to enable /mysqli/ and specify the client
library you want it to use.

As mentioned earlier, the /mysqli/ extension is not enabled by default,
so the php_mysqli.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. In order to
do this you need to find the php.ini file (typically located in c:\php),
and make sure you remove the comment (semi-colon) from the start of the
line /extension=php_mysqli.dll/, in the section marked [PHP_MYSQLI]." --
http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.installation.php