Re: First PHP program not working

Check the error.log file. It will tell you why the Apache service is not starting.

Vinay Nagrik wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I checked my services and my find is

Apache is installed and is suppsed to start in 'Automatic' mode following is
the entry in the Services

Name     Description               Status        Startup
Type                      LogOn As
Apache Apache/2.2.11 (Win32)  ------
Automatic                      Local System

However, the services does not start automatically, when I logon as an user
or as an administrator.

I tried starting 'Apache' manually by going into the installed software at
the bottom of the taskbar.  While logged on as a user, it forces me to start
the service as an 'administrator', but then asks for the password.  As far
as password is concerned for the administrator for Apache, "I do not have
any password" and it fails to start 'Apache'.

When I log on as administrator, even then it does not start Apache.  When I
try to start Apache manually, it gives error message,

"Requested services failed."

I know I am missing one small point.  And I know out there is somebody, who
must have encountered the same problem.

Please help.

nagrik.