Re: PHP4 source doesn't build on Windows...?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Marco Schuster
<marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/2/11 Jason Cipriani <jason.cipriani@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I'm trying to build PHP 4.4.9 from source and it seems that most of
>> the network related files #include <arpa/inet.h>.
>>
>> This has never been a Windows header.
>>
>> Did I get the wrong source or something? I grabbed it from here:
> That's a pretty ancient php version o_O Has anyone ever successfully
> built it on Windows?

Well, there are PHP 4.4.9 Windows binaries available for download, so
somebody has built at least some form of the 4.4.9 source, but I'm not
sure what kind of modifications were made to get it to build. I
haven't had the time to sit down with it, it can probably be convinced
to compile, there are surprisingly few errors mostly missing *nix
headers. This is all part of my quest to get the https wrapper to work
though, I'm not even sure if building from source is something I need
to do.

Thanks,
Jason