RE: VC6 vs VC9

Hi Louis,

>why can't the VC9 build be used with apache.org binaries?

The build from apache.org is build with VS6. If you wanna try a VS9 build
from httpd you can try the build from apachehaus.com For me it works well
on Windows 2003 and Windows 7

>why is the VC9 build compiled to used the CRT as DLLs instead of static?

For most windows users it is easier to enable a dll as extension than compile it ;-)

>why do you have both a VC6 and a VC9 build?

I guess VS6 for compability and VS9 is the future.

regards
Mario

why is the VC9 build compiled to used the CRT as DLLs instead of static?
yet I gather the VC6 isn't?

why can't the VC9 build be used with apache.org binaries?

and why do you have both a VC6 and a VC9 build?

just curious.

Louis