Re: Executing .exe files Issues

"Alice Wei" <ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:SNT101-W180F682380DC32DBF85BF9F0CE0@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi, PHP Window Users:

  I have a snippet of code as in the following:

<?php
$filename="Test123.txt";
shell_exec("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hello.exe -f$filename") or die ("Failed");

?>
The hello.exe was written in C and is meant to produce 6 files. The issue
here is that when I tried to run the PHP here, I keep on seeing "Failed". Am
I not supposed to execute exe files with this method?

Any tip on this would be great.

Alice
Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us

The onlything I've seen is make sure that the function isn't disabled in
your php.ini.
Does the exe run from the command line with out php?
Does the user that php is running at have permissions to run code and access
all asscociated dirs?