Re: ntwdblib.dll not found in any of the 5.2.8 zip files

> ntwdblib.dll proves to be necessary...otherwise I'll get a mssql_connect not found
>
> I used the ntwdblib.dll file from a 5.2.6 zip file
>
> I completely reinstalled XP Prof SP3 along with MS SQL Server 2008 and I still get the following error:
>
> Warning: mssql_connect() [function.mssql-connect]: Unable to connect to server: .\SQLEXPRESSLMKIII in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\trymssql.php on line 8
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\trymssql.php on line 8

Like many people I have an aversion to any software starting "MS", but
it took me less than 2 minutes to find the answer to your problem.

http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/mssql.setup.php

"Copying ntwdblib.dll will only provide access through named pipes.
Configuration of the client will require installation of all the tools."
"The Client Tools can be installed from the MS SQL Server CD"

--
Niel Archer