Re: Word instance not closing after call to $word->Quit()

just my luck.. I have same problem
i wish to build like yours.. but eventualy.. i found a better one..
*still not a better i want

i create the file using HTML and then i put header as word ^^

Sascha Meyer wrote:
Good morning to you,

one of my scripts creates a winword COM reference, creates a new document, appends data and saves the file to disk; works like a charm, but the word instance remains after the script has finished.

To test this issue, I created the following minimalistic script:

[CODE]
<?php
$word = new COM("word.application") or die("Unable to instantiate Word");
$word->Quit();
try {
        // If not caugt, a fatal exception is thrown because "Release()" is not defined
        // Means, I could also skip this line ...
	$word->Release();
} catch (Exception $ex){

}
$word = null;
unset($word);
?>
[/CODE]

The word instance is created fine, the script ends without errors, but the WINWORD.EXE remains in the task manager for eternity ...

Any ideas how to fix this?

My setup:
* Windows 2003 Server
* PHP 5.2.5.5