Re: return C++ string to PHP var?

On 14 Nov 2008, at 01:51, Albus Dumbledore wrote:
I have to create a data access layer (DAL) to be used in PHP. It looks like
writing a COM object and loading it from PHP would be the best bet.

Question 1: Is COM the best solution here?

COM would be one way to go, or you could write it as a PHP extension.

Question 2: if I had an interface "char* query("Blah")" How would I return
the result set into a PHP var?

If using COM just return it from the COM method as a bstr. COM/PHP will do what it needs to in order to give that to the caller as a PHP string.

Question 3: Anyone know of a good tutorial that creates a COM object and
accesses it via PHP?

Never seen one, it's not what you might call a "normal" thing to do. My friend Google knows a lot of stuff, it might know about this too.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/