I Spoke Too Soon...

I spoke to soon. Your tip did manage to get the MySQL section to show up in
the output of phpinfo(), and the connect command doesn't throw an error
anymore, but now I get the same Undefined Function error on the line to
create a db:

mysql_create_db("dbName") or die(mysql_error());

Why would it be letting my connect command pass without an error, but this
line generate the error?