Re: MySQL and PHP5

> However, the results of my phpinfo() do not show a MySQL section (I don't
> know if there should be one, I'm new to this).

Mysql should show up - one piece of information that I DON'T see that is
probably the most important - is your php.ini being loaded?  You should
see a section in the top of your phpinfo() page telling you where it's
looking for php.ini, and which one is being loaded.

If you're using apache the easiest way to MAKE SURE you're getting the
right php.ini discovered and used is to place the following in your
httpd.conf file

PHPIniDir "C:\php\"

and restart your server - if you've altered your PATH recently might be
smart to reboot your machine - windows can be a bit flakey.

> Is there something I am missing? I had heard that you need to compile php
> yourself if you want MySQL.

Only on *nix machines - PHP provides binaries for windows so you don't
have to compile anything.

Thanks,
Elizabeth