RE: PHP 5.2.6 not giving or logging any errors

I had this occur with a wamp server package that I installed, seems strict
was set and the error log file was not set or was set to null.  I suggest
you start adding the php.ini overrides in your script to setup exactly the
error reporting you want, includig a location the log file, with full write
permissions to the world, of course, keep in mind that stuff that runs under
apache should run without a userid or something like that.

I believe your simple script has an error in it;

<?php echo 'Hello' echo ' World!'; ?> should be
<?php echo 'Hello';echo ' World!'; ?>

Your first echo statement needs to end before beginning the next statement.

HTH,

Warren