Re: Seeking a function, class or other means to save the current PHP page as an HTML file on the server.

As a quick answer, I think the easiest way is to have a link reload the
page, with a flag to set the content disposition header.
See:
http://us3.php.net/header
Example #1
It should be fairly straightforward from there. If I do recall, there may be
some quirks with IE, a quick google should bring up any workarounds.

If you cannot allow a refresh, the solution may be far more complicated,
using the document object model in javascript, or php output control. In
that case, I would ask your users to just use the Save-as function instead.

HTH,
-Michael