From: Simon Giddings [mailto:sgiddings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:18 AM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Installation blues

Hello,

I am trying to setup a dev environment on my Win XP Pro SP2 system.
I already have MySql Community server v5.0.24.
I install Apache server v2.2.8 with SSL on localhost.
I install PHP version 5.2.5 using the installer selecting :
	MySql
	MySqli

Installations work fine!

However, when I startup Apache, I see that it is unable to load the
mysql extension dlls.

I have lost 2 days trying to get this to work.

Has anyone managed to get this working ?

If so, would you be willing to share your steps.  I do not realy want to

resort to one of those prebuilt, all-in-one, packages.

My real aim is to try and have a setup as close as I can to my ISP.

Hope someone can help.

Best regards
Simon