Problem upgrading from 4.4.x to 5.2.5

Currently I'm using php4 on a Win2003 server running IIS6.

It has been working fine, but I wanted to upgrade.

Currently for the website in question I have the extension mapped as
C:\PHP\sapi\php4isapi.dll, with a php.ini in my Windows folder, and my web
service extension set up as  C:\PHP\sapi\php4isapi.dll and allowed.

When I installed the new php5, it created a new web service extensio for me.
I created a path to the directory I had installed php5 to, and copied the
new php.ini to my Windows directory.

I still can't get it to work..... keep getting a 500 error on the website.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks!