Strange error in a very simple PHP file

Hi there

In a very simple .php file where you're basically supposed to enter a password to then log-on to the backend of a site, I'm getting a very strange error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\wamp\www\blindza\admin\index.php on line 43

Line 43 actually only has the text "</html>" on it (without the quotes).

In the rest of that file, there's literally just a small bit of code that basically starts a session right at the top of the code/scripting, checks to see if you've entered the correct password into the relevant field (if you've actually submitted the form at all), and then basically tries to do a redirect of sorts, but the page won't even display any of the HTML, let alone let you try to actually submit the form since the first time I even try to load/view the page, all it spits out is that error message.

Any thoughts on this?

FWIW, I'm running the WAMP server, and have tried editing that file using the PHP coder IDE, TextPal, Notepad++, Notepad etc. etc. to see if there was maybe some sort of invalid character somewhere, but I haven't found anything yet even if I tell one or two of the editors to as such display 'all' characters.

Thanks in advance

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA