Re: Optimization/Benchmarking tools?

John,

Thanks for the tip. In just a short time, this tool helped me to find the big bottlenecks in my scripts.

However, as far as I can tell, the Xdebug profiler gives no information on the loading/parsing phase of PHP script execution. I would like to determine how much benefit I can get by taking steps to reduce PHP file sizes, for example (removing comments, breaking up large classes into several files, etc.) or by refactoring the code so that I can use exclusively require() instead of require_once().

Can anyone suggest a tool for measuring this?

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School

John Mertic wrote:
Xdebug and WinCacheGrind are your friends here. Read more at
http://xdebug.org/docs/profiler.

John