To: "Gustav Wiberg" <gustav@xxxxxx>
Cc: <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 4:44 PM
Subject: Re:  Confused

To get LDAP working in PHP for Windows, you first need to download the
ZIP package of PHP. Extract the ZIP package to some folder (do NOT
overwrite your PHP installation!). From the files you have extracted,
open the /ext folder and copy the php_ldap.dll file. Paste   the file
into the /ext folder of your PHP installation. Make sure that the file
has appropriate security so that your web server can access it.
Then edit the php.ini file and remove the ; so that the line

;extension=php_ldap.dll

reads

extension=php_ldap.dll

if you do not have the original line, simply add the new line before
the Module Settings section. Restart IIS or Apache (whichever one you
are using).

Here is an example of connecting and binding:

$ldaprdn = 'username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
$ldappass = 'PWD';
$ds = 'servername.domainname.net';
$dn = 'dc=domainname,dc=net';
$ldapport = 389;
$ldapconn = ldap_connect($ds, $ldapport)
or die("Could not connect to LDAP server.");

if ($ldapconn)
{
ldap_set_option($ldapconn, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION,3);
ldap_set_option($ldapconn, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS,0);
$ldapbind = ldap_bind($ldapconn, $ldaprdn, $ldappass);
}

I hope this helps.
-Aaron Kenney