From: David Felton [mailto:davidfelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:40 PM
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Using COM with PHP - help please!

I'm using the COM function with PHP4 and have run into problems. I can
instantiate a COM object, and call simple function. Now I have come on
to calling a more complicated function that returns an instance of an
interface. The function is running correctly but I can't figure out how
to access the data in the instance of the interface.

$xfmsObject = new COM("XFMS_COM.XFMSAPIWrapper.1");

$retval =
	$xfmsObject->xfortVerifyAndUnpackPAResMsgEx($signedPARes,

$paResPan,

"sdkCheckInstall",

$avresult,

$strErrMsg);

As this is a COM object $avresult and $strErrMsg are manipulated by the
function, $avresult contains the data I am interested in. The interface
is defined as follows:

IxfortAuthValidationResultEx
{
public:
long SignatureCheckResult;
VT_BSTR ECI;
long AuthenticationResult;
VT_BSTR AuthenticationStatusMsg;
VT_BSTR XID;
VT_BSTR HexXID;
VT_BSTR CardholderPAN;
VT_BSTR CardExpiryDate;
VT_BSTR ACSVerificationID;
VT_BSTR HexACSVerificationID;
VT_BSTR ACSVerificationFlavor;
VT_BSTR PurchaseAmount;
VT_BSTR AlphaAuthenticationResult(VARIANT *pVal)
};

I'm using PHP4.

Any information or help much appreciated!

Disclaimer

The information and attached documentation in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify us immediately by telephoning or e-mailing the sender. Please note that without Codemasters’ prior written consent any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses. You are advised to take all reasonable precautions to minimise this risk and to carry out a virus check on any documents before they are opened.

Any offer contained in this communication is subject to Codemasters’ standard terms & conditions and must be signed by both parties. Except as expressly provided otherwise all information and attached documentation in this e-mail is subject to contract and Codemasters’ board approval.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Codemasters.

SurfControl for the presence of computer viruses.