From: Mikael Grön [mailto:php@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:22 AM
To: 'php windows' (php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Re:  Spammers?

You're talking about comment spammers and such, right?
Most spammers use all their skillz to mimic real users as much as
possible. So yeah, they use port80, their softwares identify as ligit
browsers, they write stuff that looks almost real, and so on.
The best that's out there is captcha image verification systems, IMO...
Mostly because it's too much of a hassle for the spammers to get past..
They'd just move on to another site without captcha protection.

You have any cool ideas on how to further a spam protection beyond captcha?

Mike