Re: Get referer with PHP

Bradley Stahl wrote:
I did not know that. Do you have any documentation on this? I would really like to read more about this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

There is no documentation on this beyond the HTTP spec not requiring that this header is set, so I'm not really sure where I can point you.

-Stut

On 6/12/07, * Stut* <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:stuttle@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Bradley Stahl wrote:
     > Try using the "$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']" server variable to get
    the URL of
     > the page that referred the current user to your page.  Let me
    know if this
     > helps.

    Note that this cannot be relied upon. A fair number of proxies and even
    some browsers have the option to remove or not supply this header.

    -Stut