Re: Drag and Drop

Daniel Kaliel wrote:
I am trying to create a document store that will allow people to upload
documents to a website by dragging and dropping them on a certain
section of the webpage.  Further, I would prefer that the documents be
kept directly in the mySQL database as binaries.

I have been told you can do this with ASP, can it be done with PHP?

Saving binary files in a database is hell. It really is. The speed is a lot slower, keeping the future in mind it will also be easier and moe maintainable if they were actually saved as files rather than in the database itself.

Upload the file. Save the file name, id number (auto_increment works well here) to the database. Move the uploaded file to your files folder.

This dramatically decreases the size of your database, and a huge speed increase will take effect, no matter what size the files are.

Darren

Daniel Kaliel, MCP

Network Administrator

No animals were hurt during this transmission,

however, some electrons were terribly

inconvenienced.