Re: MSSQL returned: Invalid object name

Alf Stockton wrote:
Frank M. Kromann wrote:
This sounds like your MSSQL connections are getting mixed up.

If the two databases are on the same server and the same sql login has
access to both databases you can query everything from a single conenction. You just have to qualify the tables/procedures with <database>.<user>.table
to the server knows where to look.

If you need two different connections and the host/user and passwords are
the same you must tell mssql_connect to force a new connection. Set the
optional forth parameter to true.

To be a little more clear the scenario is as follows

connect and use DB1 to get data for Stored Procedure
connect and use DB2 via Stored Procedure getting data that can be used to
get more data from DB1........and this is the one that fails.

Frank, I have tried your suggestions unfortunately without success.

The solution was to use <database>.<user>.table on the offending select statement when I eventually coded that line correctly.....:-(
Thank you.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html