Re: Search results

I think before trying this you should take a closer look at your database and query structure to determine what is causing a 45 to 50 second delay in getting the results. It may be that you just need to optimize a bit. For instance, if you have a large number of columns and are using select *, perhaps instead only select the columns you actually need to display.

One of my web apps for part number searches takes a user's input, finds all matching part numbers in Table A which has 42,000 rows, then takes all of those Table A results and finds all the corresponding part numbers in Table B that has 115,000 rows. This takes 3 seconds or less depending on the number of results.

Some first things to check are how many rows are there in the table? You say 1000's.. but even 100,000 really isn't all that many. How many results are being returned on a typical user's query? Cheers.

Armando

Harpreet wrote:
I have a search page on my web application that searches a database with
1000's of rows. The search results are returned in like 45-50 seconds.
If the user goes to another page and then returns to the same page again
it takes the same amount of time.

Is there a way to use session variables to remember the search results
and if user comes back to the page with the same criteria it shows the
static results and not take as long.

Help is needed urgent. Thanks

Regards,
Harpreet Kaur