RE: JavaScript with parameters

Pass the id through to the JS function using a JS onClick event. Ie: <a
href="#" onClick="MyFunction('XXXXXXX')";>XXXXXX</a>

-----Original Message-----
From: Alf Stockton [mailto:alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 6:25 AM
To: php windows
Subject:  JavaScript with parameters

How do I complete a command to be issued by JavaScript with parameters.

The above is the short version, the long sad story follows...:-)

I have a PHP created web page consisting of data in a table. One of the
fields in this table is populated by the PHP variable, $EarnTypeID. If a
user clicks on the appropriate field I want to issue a JavaScript
request for confirmation before issuing the JavaScript command that then
calls another PHP script that will carry out the required task based on
the value in the $EarnTypeID.
ie I want to "location = 'earntypeDelete.php?UID=$EarnTypeID' but have
the $EarnTypeID contain the correct value.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You'll be sorry...