Re: PHP returns source file instead of processing it

Ah, I see...

I found a way to set this globally: http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread3754.html

In a nutshell: php.ini/short_open_tag = on
The php.ini file should be located to be found as explained in http://at.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php

Thanks for your help!

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:33:45 +0100, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Reinhard Mayr aka Czerwinski wrote:
I installed the windows binaries (5.2.0 installer from http://www.php.net/downloads.php) on my XP box. To test the installation of PHP, I use a minimal test script "phpinfo.php":
 <? phpinfo() ?>
When I call "php phpinfo.php", all I get is a dump of the source file but not the info I should recieve. It seems as if PHP does not process the file but just prints it.

You are using short tags which are disabled by default in that version of PHP. That is why it's not interpreting the code.

Change <? to <?php and it'll work fine.

-Stut