Re: File not found error

You know I didn't even notice that there is no php\includes dir until
you mentioned it. That's just the default config path so I just
assumed that includes dir would be there. I realize the release
canidate is probably not the best version of php to use but at the
time of install the most recent version of php did not actually work
on the most recent version of apache (this was several months back
now). The work around was to use the RC. I have a hard time believing
though that my problem is due to using an RC instead of the latest
stable version. Of course you never know. I will likely give the
latest version of php a shot when I get some time? Hopefully it has no
problems with Apache 2.2? Thanks again.
- Alex

On 1/17/07, Niel Archer <niel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

> Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "if
> installed in its default layout". I didn't changed it at all. I just
> unpacked it in apache/htdocs/phpBB2.

 That's the default layout.  Installed as a sub-directory off the
document root.

 Does the 'c:\php\includes' directory actually exist and spelled the
same? As it's not one created by php by default.
 Also your info indicates that you're using a development version of
php (albeit a RC3). I'd download/install the latest stable version,
which is newer than that one anyway.  Unless you're an experienced user
willing to do testing, NEVER use a development/beta version of software
as it's asking for problems that you're volunteering to help fix.

Niel