Re: Ereg problems

Hi

  What you've written doesn't match the description you gave. As a
regular expression "([0-9][A-Z][a-z][-_.'\ ])" means a digit followed by
an uppercase letter followed by a lower case letter followed by (hyphen
or underscore or mid-dot or single quote or space). This is a total of
four characters only.
  Is your string only supposed to be four characters in that format?
  I had assumed from your original post, that you wanted a variable
length string, that could only contain alphanumeric characters plus
hyphen, underscore, and single quote (I missed the space). All of which
in any position.  If this is not the case please describe exactly what
it is you're trying to achieve.

Niel