Checking for result of call to mssql_query()

Am I misunderstanding the PHP Manual, where it says:-
mixed *mssql_query* ( string query [, resource link_identifier [, int
batch_size]] )

Returns: A MS SQL result resource on success, *TRUE* if no rows were
returned, or *FALSE* on error.

 and my code reads:-

$Reply = mssql_query($insert, $link);
if ($Reply == FALSE)
        {
whether the query works or not I have yet to find $Reply equal to FALSE.
Please tell me what I am misunderstanding and what is the correct method

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You will always have good luck in your personal affairs.
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html