Re: Re: Issue saving session on windows xp

FYI, problem has been resolved, thanks to the help of Alex Turner, who
gave me a number of great suggestions. Alex recommended that I use a
different folder to write session files, rather than c:\windows\temp.
I did that, and voila it worked.

It does however highlight some curiosities. The Windows\temp directory
returned a status of WRITABLE when I checked its status through the
web browser, which would imply that I should have been able to save
session files there.... but none were ever saved there. No errors just
didn't save them. As soon as I pointed the session path to another
folder, it worked like a champ.

On 9/6/06, Alex Turner <aturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kathy Lessa wrote:
> I am running PHP v5.1.6 on Windows XP Pro. I have been unable to save
> session variables, and I've tried everything I can think of with no
> luck so far.
>
> I have confirmed that I have writable access to my session save path,
> but session variables are still not saved. Does anyone have
> suggestions for configuration changes, etc.?
>
> Reproduce code:
> ---------------
> ini_set("session.save_path","C:\\WINDOWS\\temp");
>
> session_start();
>
> echo (($sp=ini_get('session.save_path'))?$sp:'Not set<br>');
> echo is_writable($sp) ? ' writable<br>':' not writable<br>';
>
> if (!isset($_SESSION['count'])) {
>     $_SESSION['count'] = 0;
>     }
> else {
>     $_SESSION['count']++;
>     }
>
> echo $_SESSION['count'];
> ?>
>
> Expected result:
> ----------------
> c:\windows\temp writable
> 0, 1, 2, 3 , 4...
>
> Actual result:
> --------------
> c:\windows\temp writable
> 0, 0, 0, 0, 0...
Have you tried setting up the session from php.ini?  I have never tried
doing it from ini_set like this.

Can you send us your php.ini? Or part of it.

Thanks

AJ

--
www.deployview.com