Re: Re: Issue saving session on windows xp

Thanks for the response. I tried modifying my php.ini to specify the
session.save_path there and removed the ini_set call from my page, and
it had no impact.

My php.ini is attached. Thanks for any help, I've tried all sorts of
setting changes and nothing seems to fix this.

On 9/6/06, Alex Turner <aturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kathy Lessa wrote:
> I am running PHP v5.1.6 on Windows XP Pro. I have been unable to save
> session variables, and I've tried everything I can think of with no
> luck so far.
>
> I have confirmed that I have writable access to my session save path,
> but session variables are still not saved. Does anyone have
> suggestions for configuration changes, etc.?
>
> Reproduce code:
> ---------------
> ini_set("session.save_path","C:\\WINDOWS\\temp");
>
> session_start();
>
> echo (($sp=ini_get('session.save_path'))?$sp:'Not set<br>');
> echo is_writable($sp) ? ' writable<br>':' not writable<br>';
>
> if (!isset($_SESSION['count'])) {
>     $_SESSION['count'] = 0;
>     }
> else {
>     $_SESSION['count']++;
>     }
>
> echo $_SESSION['count'];
> ?>
>
> Expected result:
> ----------------
> c:\windows\temp writable
> 0, 1, 2, 3 , 4...
>
> Actual result:
> --------------
> c:\windows\temp writable
> 0, 0, 0, 0, 0...
Have you tried setting up the session from php.ini?  I have never tried
doing it from ini_set like this.

Can you send us your php.ini? Or part of it.

Thanks

AJ

--
www.deployview.com