Making sure that everything is OK

Hi,

This is what I have currently running on my server:

Pear version:

PEAR Version: 1.4.9
PHP Version: 5.0.5
Zend Engine Version: 2.0.5
Running on: Windows NT CASTOR-SRVR1 5.2 build 3790

Pear list:

INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
PACKAGE        VERSION STATE
Archive_Tar    1.3.1   stable
Console_Getopt 1.2     stable
DB             1.7.6   stable
Mail           1.1.10  stable
Net_SMTP       1.2.8   stable
Net_Socket     1.0.6   stable
PEAR           1.4.9   stable
PHPUnit        1.3.2   stable
XML_Parser     1.2.7   stable
XML_RPC        1.4.8   stable

Is there an easy way to test if my setup can send emails?

I've been trying to get my Mediawiki Wiki (it does require PEAR Mail) to
send email but I never receive them so I'm thinking that something is
wrong on the PHP side but I don't know what to check.

Thanks!
Simon