Re: oci8 not showing underphpinfo

Hi Matt,

That is hard for me to say. On our Windows 2000 servers it works fine, but
not our Windows 2003 servers. The packages that are on the SMS servers, are
different though. Here is what I am installing.

Oracle Base Network Configuration - 1.01 - W2K3 Server

Oracle Net - 9.2.0.4.0 - W2K3 Server

ODBC Driver - Version 9.2.0.5.4 - W2K3 Server

Oracle Provider for OLE DB - Version 9.2.0.4.0 - W2K3 Server

Oracle Data Provider for .NET - Version 9.2.0.4.0 - W2K3 Server

Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server - Version 9.2.0.4.0 - W2K3
Server

When accessing Oracle from ASP pages and so forth it works without a
problem. Does PHP use a different portion of the Oracle application? Is
there a way manually to determine if the "oracle instant client" is
installed.

Thanks,
Steven Stuart

""Matt Murphy"" <mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I know this seems silly since you have oracle installed, but do you have
the oracle instant client installed? Installing Oracle may not
necessarily mean it installed a client on there!

Matt