Re: php displays nothing

Alf Stockton wrote:
Luis Moreira wrote:

Personally, I do it the hard way : Beginning at the very first line of code, a message saying something like
"just got in", and then lots, and lots and lots and lots of echo messages
throughout the code, including messages on the procedures and functions,
saying that you got in, and that you are leaving. May seem strange, but
these let you know if you have a loop inside a function, for instance.

As soon as you stop seeing the messages, you know the error is between the
missing message and the last one you got.

Painful, but it works...

Correct me if I am wrong but if php fails, because of the error, to
produce the html page nothing is going to display whether you do echo or
prints or not.

it will parse and execute the script all the way up to the fatal error (unless you have a parse error, which just means you need to find it manually without any help), so you'll get all echos, prints, etc. even if you have an E_FATAL_ERROR.

- tul