Re: Last supported version for windows 95

Aaron Kenney wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> We all need to remember also that once a person is used to Windows,
> Linux is a learning curve (albeit a small one) that doesn't need to be
> acheived if one has access to Windows. No one wants to spend time
> where it is not required to get the job done.
>
> I've set up PHP on Apache on Fedora 4 and 5. Done using yum, this can
> actually be an easier setup than on Windows. But I have found the
> MANUAL installation on Fedora to be more difficult than that of the
> MANUAL installation on Windows/IIS simply because I am less familiar
> with Fedora. There are some situations where I have been forced to use
> a manual installation of PHP, so this is always a concern for me.
>
> I say if you just want to get PHP up-and-running quick and dirty,
> stick with what you know so that no time is wasted.

As the original question included inter alia:-

Are you suggesting that John Jairo Vega Angulo should go out and buy(I
am sure that you are not suggesting that he steals one) a copy of a
suitable version of Windows to then discover that on his old hardware it
runs as slow as a pig and therefore should also go out and buy some new
hardware. As well as go through the learning curve of the new Windows OS.?
--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You like to form new friendships and make new acquaintances.
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html