php.ini ODBC errors

I keep getting ODBC errors displayed to the browser although I have changed
the php.ini file to

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
display_errors = off
log_errors = on
html_errors= off
error_log = "c:\tmp\php-error.log"

I have restarted the web server and restarted the server and the errors
still get displayed.  I don't want any errors displayed on the browser I
want them to be logged.  Am I RTFM wrong? this is PHP 4.4.0 for windows and
the web server is IIS.  Any help with this is appreciated.

Thanks!