Re: Cam control

There's probably libraries out there for dealing with serial and parallel operations with PHP and I'm sure someone will point one out.  In the meantime and maybe as an addition to it, you might check out Winbinder (http://www.winbinder.com)  it's a native Windows API interface for PHP that's just great!

I looked through the sample files (WinBinder\Code\Samples after you download and decompress the package) and there's one for accessing serial ports.  Looks like you could just change COM1 to LPT1 and do some tweaking to get it to do what you need.

Here's the function in serial.phpw that opens the serial port:

function open_serial($portname)
{
~global $CreateFile;

~return wb_call_function($CreateFile, array(
~~$portname,
~~GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE,
~~0,
~~null,
~~OPEN_EXISTING,
~~0,
~~0
~));
}

$portname at this point is COM1 I believe.

Good luck!

-TG