Re: Switching from Apache to IIS

Make sure you read everything at
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/print/install.windows.iis.php.
Do a manual installation to save yourself headaches down the road. The
windows installer works, but I've had to reconfigure some things to
make certain functions work. I also recommend using the ISAPI method
outlined in "To use the ISAPI module," as opposed to the CGI binary
method. The ISAPI method tends to be faster, even when your server
decides to be slower.

In the php.ini, you will need to uncomment 'extension=php_msql.dll' by
removing the semicolon in front of this line. I would recommend
uncommenting 'extension=php_ldap.dll' as well, just in case your
future script tends to be more Microsoft oriented. Also, I recommend
setting extension_dir = "C:\PHP\ext". In a Windows environment, I've
found that this directory works best for extensions since C:\PHP
should be in your PATH anyway.

-Aaron Kenney