Re: FrontPage or something else?

Try Dreamweaver. It has automated scripts on different languages, also has great help on design phase. In my country it has mostly been used.
A small try doesn't cost u much..

Tony Aldemir yazmış:
Hi There,

I am trying to decide what software to use along with PHP so that I can
create a decent looking/rich WEB enabled and database aware application for
my end-users.

It seems that trying to develop rather sophisticated/user friendly and rich
WEB pages using raw html code intermingled with PHP code would be
practically prohibitive due to its labor intensity.  Plus you have to know
all that html jazz to make your pages look rich and professional.

Long story short, I went to Microsoft's WEB site to see if I can use
FrontPage2003 in conjunction with PHP.  The answer is "YES", after making
some config. Changes to FrontPage (e.g. disabling ASP.NET capabilities of
FP, etc.).  However, Microsoft was also very quick to turn around and
suggest I the same article that ASP.NET may be a much better direction to go
in order to develop database aware WEB site capabilities/apps. That are also
rich and professional looking.

I felt rather disappointed, after thinking that I finally found a very cost
effective way to develop WEB enabled apps. (i.e. PHP + Apache + MySQL), I am
not sure anymore.

I am also concerned about making my WEB app. multi DB capable.  That brought
in the ADODB libs., and I am yet to successfully connect to MySQL DB using
ADODB (i.e. adodb.inc.php), but that is another subject to discuss.

The bottom line question I have is this:  What is recommended by the PHP
gurus, who have been successfully using PHP for quite a while?  What
software tool(s) is suggested to build function rich, database capable,
robust WEB applications that are also intuitive and user friendly due to
their presentation layer being strong and rich (e.g. forms, etc.)?

Sorry for the length of this email, but I believe this is an important
decision to make before I start investing my blood and tears into an
application that hopefully will live relatively long life instead of
becoming obsolete in a couple of years.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tony Aldemir