Re: Getting windows username into php/mysql

I just tried my JS/ActiveX/PHP script on a PHP5 server using the ISAPI
module in IIS and it didn't work at all. Works fine under my PHP4
server using the CGI module. I don't understand what the difference
would be, but maybe someone could fill me in. Until further notice, I
retract my code because it doesn't work consistently on all PHP
servers.

The $_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"] method works ok, but returns the old Win
2000 style DOMAIN\username, rather than the new Windows 2003
username@xxxxxxxxxxx I would be interested to see how this formatting
would fare when used to log in to a Windows 2003 server via the LDAP
functions.

-Aaron Kenney