Re: Re: Strange access violation

Yes, that's what I'd assume too. The problem *looks* like a memory leak yet only affects one particular site which is why it's so strange. I did some Googling but came up with little. The only other suspects I found were related to information being passed to a COM object, and possibly if you're running it as an ISAPI module. Also if the page is trying to access an area of the filesystem that it does not have permissions to do so, but this is not likely the issue since you mentioned you don't lose any functionality. It's also not likely that the js is causing it either. Unfortunately, it also appears as though this error is probably one of the most unhelpful errors that IIS can ever display when using PHP.

Perhaps try looking for a common denominator? You said that the error is generated in different spots. Maybe review your code in each of the places it appears and see if there are any common elements that might give you a better clue as to what's causing it. Cheers.

Armando

Dbird.. wrote:
Armando,

I appreciate the response.  Hopefully we can track it down better.  The
websites which are functioning properly are actually much more complex than
this one.  lol.

The only real difference is that I have some javascript running a countdown
clock which is displayed using images which are replaced through the js...
But it's code that has run cleanly for a long time in other applications and
I cannot see how this would cause the problems I am seeing now.

But if it were a memory leak wouldn't it translate across the other websites
as well?