Re: Exec problem (using Winzip - command line)

Chuck Anderson wrote:

I wrote a script to backup my Thunderbird user profile every night by zipping the whole profile (with subfolders) into a zip file.

I use exec to call Winzip with command line parameters (see - http://www.memecode.com/docs/winzip.html)

The script worked fine until I tried it under my Apache 2.0 installation (I usually use 1.3). The exec command starts Winzip (I can see it in task manager), but it just sits and pins - doing nothing. The Php script times out.

I can not figure out what the problem could be. exec($cmd, $output, $retval) with $cmd = 'dir 'works, as does changing $cmd to another program in my Program Files folder. It appears that it is only Winzip (in Program Files/WinZip) that will not work.

Any ideas what it could be?
By the way, I believe I have found the solution to my problem. In the Windows Services panel you have to right click on the Apache service to get Properties (or double-click on it) and then under the Log On tab check "allow service to interact with desktop." Checking that seems to be what fixed my problem. Winzip needs to display popup dialog windows.