Re: Custom PHP extensions not woring on windows 2003 server

I didn't jack your thread, I was responding to the person who did with their MySQL/PHP5 issue. Perhaps you could please just ignore it next time, or direct your request to the correct person. On that note, I have two recommendations:

1) Drop your extension into a Windows system directory and see if it loads. The PATH variable I find unreliable, and it always requires a reboot (sometimes more than 1) before changes actually work. That is, assuming you have your system setup this way.

2) Post to a Windows list. The issue is not with your extension. It is likely because of an archtectural difference between 2K and 2K3. It could *possibly* be a permissions issue. Also get yourself the FileMon utility from sysinternals. It's a very handy utility and may help you out: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

Cheers.

Armando

David Felton wrote:
Here's my piece: I was running MySQL 4.0.2x and PHP 5.0.1. Upgraded MySQL to 5.0.15 and found PHP no longer working (Apache 2.0.5x). Upgraded PHP to 5.0.5 and copied the included libmysql.dll to the system32 directory and everything appears to be running just fine.

Please don't thread-jack. The problem I'm having is loading a custom extension on windows 2003 server that works fine on windows 2000.
I can see a perfectly good thread a few posts below this that is related to using MySQL with PHP 5.

If anyone has had experience with the extension issue I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

the system manager.