Parse errors not showing up in the browser

Hi all,
I am using Sokkit 3.5, and my parse errors are not showing up in the
browser. I'm sure its something to do with php.ini, and trust me I've tried
changing it, but it still doesn't show the parse errors. The result is that
I spent a lot of time looking for that extra (or missing) bracket... Or
brace. Quite silly really.

I switched back to PHPTriad and the error came up straightaway. Anybody
knows which setting to change? And whether to reboot the server? Of course
I'm a PHP newbie. Thanks a lot!

Wayne