Re: Printing in windows

Hi Fernando,

the printer_write() function writes directly to the printer and you do not
need to call printer_start_doc(), priner_start_page() etc. These functions
must be used if you are printing useing the printer_drap_text().

Here is two examples from the documentation:

<?php
$handle = printer_open();
printer_write($handle, "Text to print");
printer_close($handle);
?>

<?php
$handle = printer_open();
printer_start_doc($handle, "My Document");
printer_start_page($handle);

$font = printer_create_font("Arial", 72, 48, 400, false, false, false,
0);
printer_select_font($handle, $font);
printer_draw_text($handle, "test", 10, 10);
printer_delete_font($font);

printer_end_page($handle);
printer_end_doc($handle);
printer_close($handle);
?>

- Frank

> Greetings from Mexico.
>
> I wrote an script to pull some data from a database and created a report
> be printed directly by php. All went fine until i noticed that after the

> actual printing there is an extra blank page. I've tried on a Epson
FX980