any fairly large production sites on IIS/PHP out there?

i am trying to switch our application over to PHP (currently ASP). unfortunately, due to the complexity of both the code and the site setup (hundreds of sites using the same code) it needs to be a sectional replacement. given that and the lack of in house support for linux/unix, the only realistic option is to run PHP and ASP side by side on the same windows box.

recent testing on windows IIS/PHP has not instilled me with a lot of confidence, seeing it use tons more resources than i would expect and crashing periodically.

are there any fairly large sites out there using PHP on IIS? (we get ~500k hits/day, on reasonably complex pages, and are set up with two load balanced web servers connecting to an array of database servers.) i would love to get input from anyone running a similarly sized or larger site on what they do to accomodate PHP in windows. Zend? FastCGI? others?

thanks in advance,

--travis