Which DLL takes care of mail function?

Hello readers,

I have set up an Apache 2.0.50 with PHP 4.3.8 in Windows 2000 for a test environment for some scripts that send e-mail with the PHP's mail function. The network administration of our organization needs to set up certain firewall restrictions to allow sending e-mail to Internet and therefore I would need to know the name of DLL or EXE that takes care of mail function. Is it Apache2.exe or php4ts.dll or some other?

Thanks for help!

Ville